to the Audubon Golf & Country Club
Established in 1913
the Audubon Golf & Country Club has a storied history in the community
of Audubon. Built in the spring of 1913, F.H. Adams, E.S. Van Gorder,
John Weighton, L.E. Simpson, and Joe H. Ross rented 20 acres of land
from Mr. Weighton. They proceeded to build a six hole course, as well
as two tennis courts, for their Country Club members to use. The golf
course remained a six hole course until 1957 when it was expanded to
the current nine hole course.
In the 1920s and
early 1930s, the golf course sponsored an annual tennis tournament.
This was continued until the courts were damaged by flooding, and the
courts were discontinued.
Today the course
sits on 40 acres of land, and all the greens and tees have an automatic
watering system. This semi-private course offers daily rates for those
dropping by to play a round, as well as, a variety of memberships for
the avid golfer to choose from. This par 35 golf course offers a great
challenge for the everyday golfer and also the beginning golfer.